Old 20-06-2006, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JennyC

Default Japanes Knotweed - how to kill it forever ?

"adm" wrote in message
Dear All,

I have a couple of areas on my property that appear to be infested with
Japanese Knotweed. I keep cutting it down, but it keeps growing right back
up again - and it grows fast so I have to go out and kill off all the new
shoots every two weeks or so.

Any idea as to how to get rif of it for ever ? I have heard that you don't
want to dig it up as it will rejuvenate even from the tiniest bit of
rhizome.

Nuclear weapons seem to be the general consensus :~((
This may help: http://www.projects.ex.ac.uk/knotweed/control_it.htm
Jenny