Old 20-06-2006, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
|||newspam|||@nezumi.demon.co.uk

Default Japanes Knotweed - how to kill it forever ?

Jim Scott wrote:
On 20 Jun 2006 06:02:17 -0700, wrote:

There must be a FAQ somewhere on what people have found most effective.
It grows very fast when it is warm so you must keep on top of it
regularly.

Whatever you do don't seek advice from North Tyneside Council who actively,
or perhaps carelessly, planted an enormous bank of it last year. I believe
that is illegal, but who is going to do anything?

Contrary to the wildlife and countryside act, 1981 to spread the stuff
irresponsibly
see for example

http://www.projects.ex.ac.uk/knotweed/

Some hints on knotweed management there too.

(strangely it isn't a pest in it's native habitat) Although I was once
told that our version is a unusual sport of the original Japanese
plant.

Regards,
Martin Brown