Old 20-06-2006, 11:42 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Nosmo King

Default Japanese Maple

In article . com, "Susan Hogarth" wrote:
I have a lovely japanese maple sitting close to our large magnolia and
a spot we would like to use for more vegetable gardening.

Cut down the magnolia and keep the japanese maple. The maple won't get that
big, especially compared to the magnolia. Magnolias are very messy plants
(with the dropping of their large leaves and cones) and will grow quite large,
both vertically and horizontally. After a few years, you won't have any space
left for a garden.