Old 18-03-2003, 08:44 AM
Jack

Default Snowdrop planting

Thanks, Jane. That's what I'll do.

One more question - will snowdrops grow through a lawn? I planted some
anemone blanda in my lawn and none of them have come up, so I'm wondering if
snowdrops will struggle to get through the grass too.

Regards

"Jane Ransom" wrote in message
In article , Jack
writes
Thanks for the reply, Janet. What if I plant the snowdrops into pots and
leave them there until after next year's flowering?

One year I dug up lots of them, after flowering, and put them in pots
with lots of soil because my mother wanted some (snowdrops, that is).
These were then put in my mother's garden in summer ie I just dug a hole
the size of a pot, removed the pot and popped the whole lot in the
hole. The snowdrops flowered perfectly well the following winter.
You go ahead and put them in pots - even plant them later this year (but
don't disturb the root system that has formed in the pot) and you'll be
ok.
--
Jane Ransom in Lancaster.
but if you need to email me for any other reason,