Old 18-03-2003, 08:44 AM
Dave Chalton

Default Newbie: Growing chillies indoors

Hey all,
The plants that I overwintered, and were flowering as of the last post
have now set fruit, and this is only half-way through March! Fresh,
homegrown chillis for Easter, fingers crossed.
For anyone who's interested, I would recomend trying this, even if
only for a few of your plants growing this year - the extra effort
required to keep the plants going over the winter (essentially just
remeber to water them!) is more than balanced by having fruit setting
at the point where this years plants are still only 2-3 inches tall!
Plus, if you cut back the plants (I took them down to about 2feet, but
this will vary with the overall height of the plant), you will get the
plant forming secondary shoots from the leaf-bases, so you get better
spreading of the plant, at a lower height, resulting in greater
numbers of flowers with less plant to look after, or find space for.
Best of all worlds

Good luck with this years seedlings everyone.

Dave

"sprocket" wrote in message ...
Thanks for the info...
I thinned another few off last night and now have about 5 plants each with
at least 1 set of true leaves - the strongest has about 3. I'll be potting
them on very very soon into 8cm pots.
Fingers crossed I get some nice fruit !