Old 22-06-2006, 04:15 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants,rec.aquaria.freshwater.misc
Koi-Lo

Default Black Brush and green algae problems - wire algae

*Note: There are two "Koi-Lo's" on the pond and aquaria groups.

"Richard Sexton" wrote in message
In my tanks Excel is the kiss of death on algae of any kind. It's the only
thing I know of that can be called a safe algicide and not can't be called
an algicide at all according to the US govt.

It's not as good as co2 but it's impressively better than without.
Expensive
and worth twice that if you're serious.

Are you using it at the recommended rate or above? I'm using it as
recommended.
--
KL....
Aquariums since 1952.