Old 22-06-2006, 02:56 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Dick

Default Tall, single stem plant question

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 23:41:42 +0000 (UTC),
(Richard Sexton) wrote:

It doesn't sound like anything I'm familiar with. There are loads of
aquarium plant websites. You may stumble upon it one day, if so let me know
what it is as you have me curious. Can you post a pic of this plant
somewhere so we can see it?

At the back of the 75 gallon tank you can see some.

Bacopa. Nice stuff. Fregrent when you cut it. When it reaches the
top, cut it 1/3 down and replant around the parent. Keep doing it
for a year, then add two sticks of driftwood and enter it in the
AGA content.

And get those big (and nice) crypts out of the foreground - the one
smashing up against the glass.

I'll post a pic of bacopa shortly up close.

Using your lead, I think I found the variety I have, Bacopa monnieri.
I posted a picture on alt.binaries.aquaria

I now see my comment about 2 leaves not growing opposite is wrong. I
have believed that is what I saw for years, but the picture I posted
on a.b.a clearly showed the leaves as opposing each other on the stem.
A closer look at the plants in the tank confirmed this. The
spriraling is just an illusion.

dick