Old 18-03-2003, 08:44 AM
Larry Stoter

Default cats

Marc W wrote:

"Larry Stoter" wrote

However, I would prefer they do not walk, or worse, through my
garden uninvited. In the case of dogs and people, there are a number of
acceptable means of recourse.

And if a wild squirrel walks into your garden, you complain to WNF? :-) ROF
LOL! My God they will 'love' you as a neighbour in your town, I would guess.

To start with, squirrels don't cause me any problems, or at least only
minor ones which I am happy to accept.

In addition, I can trap, shoot or otherwise dispose of a squirrel and
nobody will complain. Similarly if a dog or person comes into my garden
and defaecates in the veg, I have various legal and/or socially
acceptable means of recourse.

But a cat - no, I'm just supposed to accept it. Why? And don't tell me
cats are "different". That is their "owners" problem, not mine.

I would like either the right to treat them as vermin, like a rat or
Grey Squirrel and dispose of them humanely, or be able to call on the
local council/police to deal with the owners.

--
Larry Stoter