Old 24-06-2006, 12:46 AM posted to triangle.gardens
Anne Lurie

Default Open Garden in Wake Forest on Sunday

I saw the posting, but was not able to attend because of other commitments,
but I just wanted to chime in about how *gorgeous* the day lilies I got from
Bobby are!

I would almost call them traffic stoppers, but I live near the end of a dead
end road!

Anne

"Elliot M. Cramer" wrote in message
Sorry I missed it; I didn't see anything posted

Happy Moose wrote:
Our open garden event that we dubbed Moosa Pa Loosa was a grand success.
We had over 300 visitors. Everyone enjoyed the lunch we provided that
was catered by Burkenstocks of Wake Forest. We cooked a whole pig in the
garden and learned that a pig pickin and daylilies is an excellent
combination.

I do not believe any from this newsgroup showed up. At least no one
mentioned it when the visited. The article in this week's Wake Weekly is
what really got the word out around town about the garden party.

I will have the garden open for visitors for about the next 10 days in
anyone would like to come and visit. Last Tuesday we also hosted 40
members from the Wake Forest Garden Club. This past Saturday we had three
charted busses from the American Hemerocallis Society tour the garden as
part of the AHS Region 15 Summer Convention.

Bobby