Old 24-06-2006, 09:47 PM posted to rec.gardens
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Default Fast growing: CO2 (carbonic acid) uptake through roots?

Carbonic acid is mentioned he
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/CHEM.html

and here for starters:
http://www.treedictionary.com/DICT2003/shigo/RHIZO.html

Sincerely,

John A. Keslick, Jr.
Beware of so-called TREE EXPERTS who do not understand TREE BIOLOGY!
www.treedictionary.com

http://mercury.ccil.org/~treeman/
that we are not the boss.
Some people will buy products they do not understand and not buy books that
will give them understanding.
wrote in message
oups.com...
I have heard that plants can take up dissolved CO2 in water (carbonic
acid) by means of their roots. In other words if you water your plants
with sparkling water it should accelerate growing. Can somebody verify
that statement and maybe tell me which plants are especially suitable
for this? I'm especially interested in trees having this feature. How
much can the growing be accelerated?

Thank you in advance,

Lucas Jensen