Old 25-06-2006, 04:54 AM posted to rec.ponds
GoldLexus

Default Possible burned out pump? New pump suggestions...

Our waterfall pump stopped working today At first we thought that the
cicuit breaker just tripped, althought,that is not a usual occurance. We
pushed the buttons on the gfc and check the breakers in the breaker box but
it didn't turn back on. We unplugged it and plugged it back in and the
waterfall turned on. YA! So we thought. Ten minutes later it stopped again.
Hubby went to unplug it and plug it back in but noticed that the plug was
really hot, the wire was hot as well. He unplugged and plugged back in but
no go booohooo. We are guessing that the pump has gone bad. The pump is
at least 6 years old, not sure we just moved here 3 years ago but I think I
remember the former owns mentioning when they built the water fall.
Does it sound like a bad pump??
My other question is for pump recommendations. The pump that is in the pond
is submerssible but not an actual pond pump. Here is the specs. of our
current pump

Goulds Submersible sewage pump
Pump

.. Solids handling capabilities:

2" maximum.

.. Capacities: up to 220 GPM.

.. Total heads: up to 81 feet TDH.

.. Discharge size: 2" NPT

threaded companion flange

as standard. 3" option

available but must be ordered

separately. (Order no. A1-3)

Our waterfall has a WOW factor, we don't want to loose that. The new pump
doesn't need to match the above specs. but need to at least provide a good
waterflow. The water is pumped up a 14 foot incline to the top.

Here is a link to a video of our waterfall so you can see the effect we
would like.

http://media.putfile.com/Pond-Video

One thing for sure about our old pump it costs A LOT to run!!! About
$75.00-$90 a month more!!!! Is that normal?

Sure would like some advice on what pump to get. We are novices with ponding
so could use some ideas.

Thanks!!!!