Old 26-06-2006, 03:27 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
tbell

Default Naming contest update

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 14:32:18 -0700, Diana Kulaga wrote
(in article ):

All,

Remember that contest I posted a new name for our society newsletter?
You all posted some neat names. The most unique, I think, and my personal
favorite, was Mick's contribution of Orchidelphia. Anyway, I sent the names
out to a small group of members and asked for opinions, without stating my
own preferences. And, I added a couple that were not suggested here, as I
said I would.

Only one person understood Orchidelphia without an explanation. These were
bright people, and if they didn't *get it* I can only imagine the reaction
of our octogenarians. Orchidophile got attention, while orchidophilia
sounded to some like a criminal activity, LOL!

One of the names I added came from this group by accident. It was
Orchidelirium, and it was included in an article about orchid boarding
posted by Reka. I think that's going to be the new name.

Still, for effort and originality, Mick is getting the cookies. Thought
you'd like to know!

Diana

Wassamatta with octogenarians?

Tom