Old 26-06-2006, 08:10 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Richard Sexton

Default fishless aquarium

In article ,
Koi-Lo My impersonator is Roy TJ Hauer aka Roy. wrote:

"PJ" wrote in message
. au...
Im thinking of starting a fishless aquarium with a unused 10 Liter
fishbowl i have. How many plants will 10L hold and what do i feed them
please ??? TIA.. Rod

====================
Without fish you'll need to supply nitrogen and phosphorus, so any complete
fertilizer should do. I would try something like dilute Miracle Grow.

Please don't make shit up. Miracle Grow contains ammonia which you
NEVER use in an aquarium. I seriosuly doubt you've ever tried it,
if you did you know it promotes algae and, I did try it once and
when I moved plants from that tank to another tank that contained
cardinals they were dead within hours from the residual ammonia.

This was 20 years ago when we didn't know better. Today we do.

Fertilize per standard and things will be fine.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net