Old 27-06-2006, 08:49 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Koi-Lo

Default Black Alge?

"Richard Sexton" wrote in message
Carol I'm sure you're doing your best. But you seem to live in a parallel
universe where nothing is the same. Your single data point does not
invalidate the experiences of a large number of poeple.

=================================
I did what was suggested I do. That was the major water changes and
thorough gravel vacuuming. I ordered all the supplements from Foster &
Smith. I followed the directions on the containers. The algae never turned
white and never fell off.

You seem to be living in a Universe where everything is identical.......
odd that! I sent Gill pictures of some tanks/fish which clearly show the
black-red algae was still there, weeks after adding all these expensive
supplements. When I saw they weren't working I went ahead and bought the
otos and plecs.

It's not fair to have people believe of they add these supplements they
*WILL* work regardless of gallonage, filters, lighting or fish load. That
is unless there's a money-back guarantee, which there isn't.
--
KL.......
Frugal ponding since 1995.