Old 28-06-2006, 10:45 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Too late to grow fruit or veg?

Jimoid wrote:
I would love to grow some fruit or veg this year with my new-found
space, be it in the garden itself or in pots.

If your soil is fertile and well prepared you might snatch some good
crops if you buy some plants in: I've seen leeks and runner beans still
for sale this week, both of which be fine this season. My neighbour
only just planted sweetcorn. Similarly any well-established tomato
plants bought now would come to something before the autumn, perhaps in
growbags or bigger pots

Lettuce, radish, peas, courgettes, spring onions will come up fairly
quickly,

Carrots, khol rabbi, beetroot for a later crop.