Old 28-06-2006, 01:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore

Default Too late to grow fruit or veg?

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 10:31:09 +0200, Tim C.
wrote:

Following up to "Jimoid" :

Hi,

This weekend I moved from a small flat to a large house with a garden.
I would love to grow some fruit or veg this year with my new-found
space, be it in the garden itself or in pots. Is it too late in the
season for me to grow anything that I will be able to harvest this
year?

Yesterday at a nursery I saw some tomato plants, a bit pot-bound, but
in flower, being sold off cheaply. Look for things like that. Cabbage
plants, leeks etc are sold for planting out.
See what you can find.

Pam in Bristol