Old 28-06-2006, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Koi-Lo

Default Black Alge?

"Richard Sexton" wrote in message
In article ,
Koi-Lo My impersonator is Roy TJ Hauer aka Roy. wrote:
OK... I have 55g tanks and 10g tanks,... all planted. I would love the
information and where I can get cheap fertilizers without the high cost of
shipping and handling ($18 per order). Potassium nitrate is not available
in my area.

-------------------
From: Richard Sexton - view profile
Date: Mon, Mar 27 2006 12:15 am

In article ,

Koi-Lo wrote:

"Richard Sexton" wrote in message
In article ,
Koi-Lo wrote:
Do you know a good online place to buy hydroponic fertilizers? I can't
find
anywhere local that sells the stuff.

http://gregwatson.com

======
I've already checked out that site last time. 1 lb of Potassium Nitrate from
Greg is $12.08 w/S&H charges. I can get a 4 lb bag of Muriate of Potash
for $1.49 locally. I believe this has been discussed here before. I didn't
see any mixes there that contained all the "micronutrients."

Koi-Lo wrote:
Not aquarium fertilizers.

$3.79 for 8 oz. of aquarium fertilizer isn't cheap when you have a lot of
tanks, some of them large.

You're paying for water and platic. You need to get the dry checmicals
from gregwatson.com or any hydroponics.com franchise. $4 a pound for
KN03 will treat aobuot 10,000 gallosn for about a year.

He charges more to ship it than the cost of the product or does he not
charge you S&H fees? 1 lb of Potassium Nitrate from Greg is $12.08 w/S&H
charges

Koi-Lo wrote:

"2pods" wrote in message
I use Seachem "Flourish".
I'm also thinking about Seachem "Excel" in addition.

==================
These are excellent products but it can get expensive if you have a lot of
tanks or have large tanks.

True enough. But, http://www.gregwatson.com sells powders in bulk
so you can make your own. Excel has no second source though (dammit).
Greg's stuff is very very cheap.

If he doesn't add S&H charges. S&H isn't free. $12.08 for 1 lb of
PNitrate isn't cheap for some of us retired folk.

--
KL....
Aquariums since 1952.