Old 29-06-2006, 01:28 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Wëndălen©

Default Black Alge? Typical class act by Carol aka Koi Lo!

Carol knows all and no one s going to be able to tell Carol a dam
thing. As long at it had potassium in it thats all that mattered. She
being an uneducated boob thought it was just another brand name for
the same item........duh! I would not be surprised she probbaly even
uses it in place of potassium permangamnte and wondered why it done
her fish in......Carol is a total asshole. And its no wonder folks do
not like to see her give nay advice to folks. She has a pretty good
track record of giving out erroneous info...especially when it comes
to bettas....everythng CArol does is on the CHEAP side and goes into
it uneducated and armed only with shit she reads o nthe internet and
assumes is the facts, after all its onthe internet is it not, so it
musyt be true. Wekk if thats the case then CAROL GULLEY IS A FREAKING
KOOK! Bet she will debate yu over that statement though........and in
the end she is gonna prove you wrong sa she will now twist your posts
to reflect her side being right and discredit your side, and then
maybe even sic her sock puppets on you. See where you get with her for
trying to be a nice guy! See why these grups are like they are....Can
you say CAROL!

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 00:20:01 +0000 (UTC),
(Richard Sexton) wrote:

In article ,
Koi-Lo My impersonator is Roy TJ Hauer aka Roy. wrote:

"Richard Sexton" wrote in message
Or
http://aquaria.net/articles/plants/barr-dose/
=====================================
OK, so you buy the chemicals and "estimate." That can work I suppose. I
bought the Seachem products. I followed the amounts on the containers of
Excel, Iron and trace elements. The new plants still slowly faded
away......

If you're not adding KNO3 that's your problem.

=======================
I added Muriate of Potash. None of the local stores I called had Potassium
Nitrate. The Seachem "Flourish" also contains Potash.

That's potassium chloride. It's a wonder you haven't killed everything
frankly. Who on earth told you to do this?

At least you've found your answer. Way too much potassium and way not
enough nitrate.

You know it might not hurt to familiarize yourself with prior art before
attacking people successful at what you're trying to do while ignoring
their advice.

Just a thought.

It occurs to me a weekly faq of how to fertilize plants might not
be a bad idea.