Old 29-06-2006, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Steve Harris

Default Too late to grow fruit or veg?

In article .com,
(Jimoid) wrote:

This weekend I moved from a small flat to a large house with a garden.
I would love to grow some fruit or veg this year with my new-found
space,

Consider oriental brassicas such as Pak Choi or "Chinese Leaves". Also a
rape kale or "Pentland Brig". No is the perfect time to sow seed for
these. Most turnips are Ok to sow now especially the small and delicious
Purple Top Milan.

In a few months, Strawberry plants will be available to plant out for
next year.

A useful bit of gardening software at
http://www.netservs.com/garden/