Old 01-07-2006, 04:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
fenwoman

Default Recommend a rose for low trellis

Jim wrote in message
k...
Hi all

I have a low trellis at the rear of my garden which is looking rather bare
so I'm looking for something to pretty it up. The trellis is approx 2 ft
high and 8ft wide, it faces south east and gets some sun for approx 2/3 of
the day.

I was thinking of a climbing rose but wasn't sure if 2ft was too low to do
it justice, also I don't want anything too rampant which presumably rules
out ramblers. Not too fussed about colour etc although something with a

long
flowering season would be nice.

Any recommendations of a suitable rose or failing that some other climber
would be great

Why bother? Just plant rose bushes in front of it.