Old 18-03-2003, 04:56 PM
Shiva

Default Bye Bye Hansa (etc.)

Susan Solomon wrote:

Another beautiful lavender/purple you might want to consider for your
grouping is Moon Shadow HT.

Thanks, Susan! I have looked at this one, too. It is on next year's list
unless a nice potted specimen follows me home this weekend. I am going on
a Garden Center Safari this weekend!! Last year's take included Mutabilis,
Hansa, White Lightnin' and Lover's Lane.

It doesn't blush in the sun, like so many other
purples; a lovely deep lavender, much deeper than Sterling Silver. Big,
healthy bush here in SoCal. Beautiful blooms, too. I have it planted in

my little rose garden by yellow Honey Bouquet and Tropicana; very nice,
imho.

Ahh, you like contrasting colors together too! I ran into Tropicana at
KMart yesterday--really nice, and this one had a very ROSY fragrance. I
thought Tropicana had no fragrance, was I wrong? It was in the middle of a
sad herd of potted roses--all of which I managed to resist, saying to
myself "NO WAY. You have 12 bare roots budding in buckets. Not one potted
rose until you get them into the ground."