Old 18-03-2003, 04:08 PM
Shiva

Default Bye Bye Hansa (etc.)

Unique Too wrote:

Sorry, I can't be Julie and reply to your posts, gotta be Unique.

That's a funny line taken out of context! Now I see what you meant in your
last post--I was puzzling over the Google reference. Do you like posting
through Google? One thing I have noticed when reading through it is that
it takes a long time for posts to show. My posts do not show as they are
all "x-no-archives-yes," I guess.

FWIW, since I live in flat Florida, I would add the edging for soil

support. Besides keeping the soil in place, I like the effect it would add
to the bed.

Thanks for the input. It looks pretty in my mind's eye--here's hoping I
can achieve that with my mallet and edging. I guess I will push the blade
of the shovel into the soil to help them along. The edging is the black
rubbery kind that has some sort of wire inside that allegedly makes it
bendable like a Gumby. However, I tried bending it and it was really hard.
I chose this edging because even though it looks hard to install, it will
probably last and not look too bad... what do you use?

I can't comment on any of your rose choices, not familiar with any of
them. But I do love the color combinations!

Another contrasting color lover! Yippee I am not alone. Of course,
contrast is different from "clash," and chances are some of the roses will
clash at some phase of their coloration. I don't really care. I love the
effect of a mixed bouquet so much, a roll of the dice might do as well as
anything else in determining where I put roses of the same height.