Old 10-07-2006, 09:11 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Gail Futoran

Default Winterizing in North Dakota

"jtill" wrote in message
oups.com...

Gail, what is the name of that guy that bred hardy roses for that area.
If David buys new roses maybe those would do better for him. Ah, yes, I
remember, Buck Hardy Roses. One site that sells them is;

http://www.hardyroses.net/

There are others. They also have info on protecting roses.
Joe T, Baytown

Oh, nice site, Joe! I wasn't familiar with that one.
I was going to mention roses that grow in
Canada but I see the Hardy Roses site lists
those, too.

To David: Here's a link I found to the NDSU
Extension Service which appears to answer
your questions:
http://www.ext.nodak.edu/extpubs/pla...scap/h118w.htm

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8