Old 10-07-2006, 09:44 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Harvey Schmidlapp

Default Mail order or web site

Gail Futoran wrote:
Regan Nursery - www.regannursery.com
Sam Kedem - http://www.kedemroses.com/
Roses Unlimited - www.rosesunlimitedownroot.com
Jackson & Perkins - www.jacksonandperkins.com
John's Miniature - www.johnsminiatureroses.com
Witherspoon - http://www.witherspoonrose.com/
Heirloom - www.heirloomroses.com
Heirloom has a catalog to die for. Well worth buying.

I buy locally from Antique Rose Emporium
so I can't say how their shipping goes, but
I've always had good experiences with them:
http://www.antiqueroseemporium.com/

I can vouch for their shipping. I've ordered (potted) roses from
Antique Rose Emporium a few times and been completely satisfied every
time. I've also had good experiences with potted roses from Vintage
Gardens (Sebastopol, CA - http://www.vintagegardens.com/) and bare-root
roses from David Austin (Tyler, TX -
http://www.davidaustinroses.com/american/). They sell their own
so-called English roses, obviously, plus a nice selection of other
roses.

If you are looking for something a little different, I've bought nearly
30 species roses and many other plants from Forest Farm in Oregon.
http://www.forestfarm.com/.

I would not hesitate to order from any of those places again.