Old 11-07-2006, 04:28 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Kira Dirlik

Default Pepper problems

With all my past problems, I could always count on trouble-free
peppers. However this year, something has gotten into my 19 pepper
plants (of 6 varieties). Starts on the lowest leaves. If you turn
over the leaves, they seem to have wet, darker spots... almost as if
you put drops of boiling water on them and cooked those parts. These
spots enlarge and turn yellow or transparent and die. Soon the leaf
falls off and ones further up the stem get infected. Sevin doesn't
help. Of my 19 peppers, I pick up and throw away up to 60 fallen
leaves every day. Plants are now very tall, with long naked stems,
very few flowers, and all are just struggling to survive. Anyone
know what is causing this?
Thanks.
Kira