Old 18-03-2003, 10:44 PM
Unique Too

Default Bye Bye Hansa (etc.)

Bob Bauer writes:

re you kidding me? I don't mean to offend, but AOL is probably the
worst way to read the newsgroups that I know of, if you don't count
reading it from an internet web browser.

No offense taken. Like I said I am trying to get away from AOL.

AOL is the worst way to do ANYTHING on the internet in my not so
humble opinion.

What you really need is to get a direct internet connection, say
through AT&T or any other Internet Service Provider and then don't use
their proprietary connection software.

I recently got a cable modem, so I have the connection. I have Netscape, which
is very, very slow. And IE which crashes, I've tried upgrading, I tried delete
and reinstall. So what else? I'm open to suggestions.

You should connect directly to the internet, using your computer's
operating system.

For reading the newsgroups you will be best served by using
stand alone software applications, such as 'Agent'. Once you see how
the newsgroups were actually meant to work, you will be amazed at the
difference.

Tell me more.

Just trying to help.

And I'm listening.