Old 18-03-2003, 10:44 PM
Wilma Duncan

Default Newbie with questions

Zack, email me and will try to help you on low light plants.
Wilma
"Zack Robertson" wrote in message
. ca...
Hi guys and gals.

I got a 10 gallon tank for Christmas and I'm interested in adding some
plants. It's got a Blue Gourami and 3 Platies. Temperature is 77-79 and

pH
is 7.4. Unfortunately all it has is the 2 smallish (6" or so)

incandescent
bulbs that it came with and from what I understand that won't do plants

much
good. However, the tank is only about 4 feet away from a south-facing
window, so I'm not sure how adequate that would be.

So my main question is can I have a planted tank without putting much

money
into it (ie lighting) or am I going to have to spend some money and
'upgrade'.

Any questions for me are muchly appreciated. Either email me or I'll be
checking the newsgroup in the morning.

Thanks for your help.

Zack Robertson