Old 20-07-2006, 01:38 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Nikki Casali

Default Disposible CO2 bottle question

Lawrence Zarb wrote:

Nikki,

I have just ordered one of the Deltec units, and have 2 questions

1. Is the disposible co2 cylinder standard so any CO2 cylinder can be
used, and

I believe the regulator connection thread is a standard one for
disposable CO2 bottles. Use can also purchase a thread converter if you
wish to use refillable cylinders.

2. how much co2 air line is provided?

It looks to me like 2 metres or so.

Make sure you read the instructions about the PTFE tape. You need to put
this on the connection threads to prevent CO2 leakages. Once I had
everything connected, I checked any leakages at the connections by
brushing on diluted washing-up liquid and watching for any bubbling. You
need to have a working pressure of less than 1 bar. This will keep CO2
loss to a minimum. If you are not using a pH controller, then be very
vigilant regarding the pH and CO2 bubble rate. It may take some days to
get the bubble rate just right.

Nikki