Old 19-03-2003, 01:44 AM
JimS.

Default Bye Bye Hansa (etc.)

"Bob Bauer" wrote in message
Unique Too said:

I'm trying to break myself away from AOL, but really I haven't found
anything that I like as well.

Are you kidding me? I don't mean to offend, but AOL is probably the
worst way to read the newsgroups that I know of, if you don't count
reading it from an internet web browser.

AOL is the worst way to do ANYTHING on the internet in my not so
humble opinion.

snip
Bob Bauer

I'm glad somebody else said that, so I didn't have to. Trying to read
newsgroups on AOL is infuriating enough to make you tear your hair out. Of
course, the mere fact that you even know what a newsgroup IS means you're
100% more informed than the average AOL user....

Any decent ISP should be able to show you how to configure Outlook Express,
or the other one, that "N" one (hey, I'm in Seattle, my fingers will burn if
I type the "N" word). I myself have never had any problems using O.E. to
read newgroups, it's fast and easy.

JimS.
Seattle