Old 16-02-2003, 04:39 PM
Dick E.

Default potted miniature roses

This is a fine NG! I've been lurking for awhile - now I'm quickly
dipping in:

We live in the Southern California inland area of San Diego County
where temperatures vary from 110 down to 20 degrees F. We have a few
potted miniature roses in our back yard - and whenever the weather
begins to give us signs it might freeze my wife dutifully covers the
potted roses with sheets (overnight) in fear they will freeze. None of
our other roses, not potted, planted all around the house, have
suffered from below freezing temps... Are the miniatures more
susceptible to freezing than non-mins? Would being in pots make a
difference?

thanks for info!

Dick E.