Old 26-07-2006, 12:28 AM posted to triangle.gardens
bud bud is offline

Default What to grow under rose of sharon?

i'm cutting down my strip of rose of sharons. too many offspring to deal
with. then again mine are really really old and really ratty looking. any
suggestions on what to plant in their place once they are cut down?

"rick m" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a long strip of rose of sharon that's about 12' deep and 50'
wide. This weekend I cut down the small plants and raked up all of the
debris so I can plant something there.

I was going to plant grass but want to do plant something that's not
going to require a lot of maintanence. Any suggestions? I was thinking
liriope, since I already have a ton of it out front that I could easily
divide. Grass would work but I have enough to mow w/o having to get
into "detailed" mowing.

I'm up in Asheville.