Old 19-03-2003, 02:08 AM
Jane

Default Bye Bye Hansa (etc.)

Hi Shiva, I'm butting in about Tropicana.. It's very very fragrant and
strong here for me. Vibrant and amazing. I'll dig through my old pictures
and send you a clip via e-mail. You'll love it!
Jane
"Shiva" wrote in message
news:aHlwYXRpYQ==.90a8c71ea8a6a644286832cbd1b5d004 @1048002050.cotse.net...
Susan Solomon wrote:

Another beautiful lavender/purple you might want to consider for your
grouping is Moon Shadow HT.

Thanks, Susan! I have looked at this one, too. It is on next year's list
unless a nice potted specimen follows me home this weekend. I am going on
a Garden Center Safari this weekend!! Last year's take included Mutabilis,
Hansa, White Lightnin' and Lover's Lane.

It doesn't blush in the sun, like so many other
purples; a lovely deep lavender, much deeper than Sterling Silver. Big,
healthy bush here in SoCal. Beautiful blooms, too. I have it planted in

my little rose garden by yellow Honey Bouquet and Tropicana; very nice,
imho.

Ahh, you like contrasting colors together too! I ran into Tropicana at
KMart yesterday--really nice, and this one had a very ROSY fragrance. I
thought Tropicana had no fragrance, was I wrong? It was in the middle of a
sad herd of potted roses--all of which I managed to resist, saying to
myself "NO WAY. You have 12 bare roots budding in buckets. Not one potted
rose until you get them into the ground."