Old 27-07-2006, 10:42 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses
jtill jtill is offline

Default my rose don't bloom, and japanese beetles are eating my roses

maria wrote:
I am looking for some help with my roses. Some of them don't bloom. I
did cut them down to one foot in fall, is that a mistake? I have some

Cutting that much seems a bit to much, generally cutting 1/3 off the
top is recommended. If your bush is three feet tall cutting off one
foot would be about right. What are the names of your roses? Also, some
roses bloom on old wood, you may have cut the bloom wood off.

for year and two. Also, Japanese beetles are eating leaves and flower
buds even before they get to open. I sprayed it with Bug and gone two
weeks ago, but they are back. Any idea if I can spray again? How many
times I can spray them without damaging the plants? I am in Chicago,
IL. Thanks for any information.

Japanese Beetles are tough to get rid of, one thing to use is BAYER
Advanced Bug and insect killer, see that here;

http://www.bayeradvanced.com/lawn/pr...d=49&source=ga

Keep us posted
Joe T
Baytown Tx.