Old 19-03-2003, 04:32 AM
Cass

Default Another Batch of Roses

dave weil wrote:

I looked at that picture of Aloha and it's a little misleading. Let me
remind you what Aloha looks like in my neck of the woods (actually, in
my front yard)...

As to the repeatability of the plant, it blooms very strongly from
early April (if I remember correctly) until the onset of Japanese
beetles the first week of July. Then, after they wipe out the blooms,
it blooms intermittently until late in the season (at least it does
here in Zone 6b). I wouldn't call it full flushes though, and I can't
say how much the Japanese beetles (which absolutely swarm this bush)
keep the plant from reblooming fully. The blooms are long-lasting on
the bush.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ddweil2/ALOHA.jpg

Beautiful, Dave. I hope it looks like this some day! Now I'm psyched.