Old 28-07-2006, 08:49 PM posted to triangle.gardens
? ? is offline

Default Please identify this insect pest

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 19:19:41 GMT in . net Daniel B. Martin wrote:
wrote:
They look like a variety of blister beetle to me. Nasty lil buggers.
Sevin would probably work.

Thank you. A brief exploration with Google Images confirms this insect
to be a Margined Blister Beetle. I've been hand-picking them, and will
continue to do so, but now I know it is important to avoid squashing
them. See
http://creatures.ifas.ufl.edu/urban/.../blstr_btl.htm

Makes me wonder if there's a way to extract the blistering agent
for use in an active critter deterrant system.

Remote control spritzing of the cloven hooved rats with
this stuff would be great...

--
Chris Dukes
"The key to effective management is properly timed hovering."