Old 31-07-2006, 07:14 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Kira Dirlik Kira Dirlik is offline

Default soggy, mushy tomatoes

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 19:29:48 GMT, "Anne Lurie"
wrote:

I don't know about your area, but here NE of Raleigh, the rain has been
*very* uneven -- dry for weeks, then 6" + of rain on June 14th. As I
recall, tomatoes can be very finicky about getting the right amount of
water.

Anne

With all my pepper problems, my originally volunteer large cherry
tomatoes are doing beautifully! Great tomatoes and plants really
loaded.
My larger tomatoes are doing as expected (3rd year of planting those
from previous year seed).... one tomato per plant max and yellow wilt
marching up the plants. Each year I save the seed from the plant that
appears most wilt resistant. They actually did better this year than
last two years, so maybe that is working. But the other tomatoes
compensate for the problem ones. Always enough to freeze for a whole
winter's stews. And my Chinese eggplants are flourishing.
Kira