Old 01-08-2006, 10:45 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Richard Sexton Richard Sexton is offline

Default air bubbles on leaves after water change - why?

In article , Bill Stock wrote:

"jd" wrote in message
here's one I can't figure out. After I do a water change, the leaves of
all my plants are covered with little tiny air bubbles for about a day.
The water chemistry is a very close match to my tap water (well water).
The plants are in laterite inder a layer of gravel..... Does anyone have
any idea why this would be happening, and if I should be worried or not...

thanks
-JKD

Your plants are happy (Pearling - giving off O2). I've read a few

No, perling referes to a constant stream of (oxygen) bubbles
eminating from a plant. An infusion of fresh tapwater can
cause this too as it contains more CO2 than aged water
does, but that's not what the original poster was talking about.

1970 280SE, 72 280SE | Home pages: http://rs79.vrx.net