Old 03-08-2006, 01:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
Elaine Elaine is offline

Default Husky 55 Rancher troubles

Don't know if this will help or not. Hope so...Found this on:
http://arboristsite.com/showthread.p...a+55+Ranch er

Hello, I would suggest takeing off the starter housing and turning the
flywheel in reverse and see if the saw unlocks. look for aluminum dust while
you have the cover off. I have had screws behind the flywheel back out and
grind into in back of the flywheel causing the saw to lock up. Normally it
happens when the saw are idling, because at high speeds the screw is shaving
the aluminum off the flywheel. The combination of working the saw hard and
the vibrations from the saw could cause this to happen. Let me know,
Jonathan

Elaine in Ga
Zone 7b

wrote in message
ups.com...
Three years ago I bought a new Husqvarna 55 Rancher chainsaw, to clean
up after hurricane Juan. Only used it a few times. Stored it away and
now it won't start. When I pull the starter cord I am met with great
resistance and can't pull a full stroke. When spark plug is removed, it
pulls easily, the full stroke. Any ideas?
Fred