Old 04-08-2006, 08:12 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Gail Futoran[_1_] Gail Futoran[_1_] is offline

Default My Anacharis/Elodea plants are dying,...What do I do???

"Papa Red" wrote in message
I don't have them planted, but instead I have them floating in long
strands on the surface of my Betta tank. They seem to be dying at one
end, with the disease or whatever, slowly working itself to the other
end. Does anyone have any suggestions on just what I should do, because
once they are dead, I will no longer have any live aquatic plants at
all,... And neither of the two local pet stores sell any aquatic
plants.~Dean.

I use anacharis mostly in my outdoor ponds. I
let them float, also. They will sometimes die back
from one end. I will break that off if the rest of
the plant looks healthy.

Have you tried pruning off the bad parts and
seeing what happens with any good parts that
remain?

BTW I've found packaged dry bulb type
aquarium plants in Wal-Mart and Petsmart.
Sometimes they actually grow into a plant!
You might check on those plants.

Gail
near San Antonio TX