Old 07-08-2006, 04:29 PM posted to rec.gardens
M.Paul M.Paul is offline

Default Husky 55 Rancher troubles

Have you pressed in the compression release before attempting to start?
It's supposed to make starting easier and might explain why it pulls easily
when the spark plug is removed.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Three years ago I bought a new Husqvarna 55 Rancher chainsaw, to clean
up after hurricane Juan. Only used it a few times. Stored it away and
now it won't start. When I pull the starter cord I am met with great
resistance and can't pull a full stroke. When spark plug is removed, it
pulls easily, the full stroke. Any ideas?
Fred