Old 08-08-2006, 09:30 PM posted to alt.garden.pond.chat
Nick Byford Nick Byford is offline

Default New to gardening/ponds and a little confused.

It's probably best to line - I would. It's apparently not good practice to
have fish and wood in the same pond (however small), same goes for metals.

Make sure if there are fish in there that it is over eighteen inches deep
and tyhat there ios some form of oxygenation - canadian pond weed or a
minature fountain/waterfall.

Nick
www.pennix.co.uk

wrote in message
ups.com...
Good morning,

Sorry if these questions have been asked before, Ive had a look through
group this morning but thought I would just go ahead and ask a few
questions anyhow. I bought (maybe a little to hastily) a barrel pond
yesterday very similiar to the one he

http:http://www.taylorsgardenbuildings.co...hp?productid=1
9116&MMCF_Eshop

Im unsure as to whether or not to use a liner or just fill it up, the
later may take a bit longer as the wood is a quite dry so Im guessing
if I keep topping it up it will naturally plug the gaps. Is one more
preferable over the other if I want to add a few fish and are there any
particular plants I should be looking to add?

Im sure these questions have been asked many times before so sorry If I
am askign them again, I should have probably looked into things before
going out and buying one.

Any help will be grealty appreciated.

Jason