Old 12-08-2006, 04:17 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
OmManiPadmeOmelet[_3_] OmManiPadmeOmelet[_3_] is offline

Default preserving habaneros

In article ,
George Shirley wrote:

AFAIK Barb doesn't can peppers. Canning them will not make them like
fresh peppers. Mostly you end up making a pickle of them as follows:

Cap the peppers so the pickle can get inside and out. Sterilize a jar,
fill full of peppers. Bring a pickle of 50:50 5% vinegar and water with
whatever pickling spices you might like to a boil. Pour over the peppers
in the jar and put on the lid and ring, hand tighten. Boiling water bath
for at least 5 minutes, take out and allow to sit on a folded towel for
24 hours. Should last up to two years with no problems.

George

That sounds about like the ones we get in the store.
I've purchased canned Jalapenos and I actually like them better for
stuffing than the fresh ones. They are more tender and easy to eat.
Good either fried or grilled.
--
Peace!
Om