Old 13-08-2006, 06:13 PM posted to rec.ponds,alt.garden.pond.chat,free.uk.nature.ponds
Pete Thomas Pete Thomas is offline

Default Advice / Instructions for a Bottom Drain

Rock Beer wrote:
Hi

Planning on constructing a new pond with a friend at his new house. Basic
plan is 6000ts, concrete lined with a bottom drain. Edges will be raised
60cm or so.

Can anyone advise on any good sites etc with instructions on what's needed
for the botton drain & some installation and construction guidelines?

We're pretty sure we know what we're doing but would like some information
to make sure!

I think this is asking for trouble and way more expensive than a simple
pump for when/if you need to drain the pond.

Is there a particular reason you can't use a pump, or why you need to
drain the pond at all, as ideally you need the water to stay there to
maintain a good natural balance.

--
Pete Thomas - www.petethomas.co.uk