Old 15-08-2006, 02:08 PM posted to alt.garden.pond.chat
Nick Byford Nick Byford is offline

Default New to gardening/ponds and a little confused.

Pretty armless then?

Sorry!

Nick
www.pennix.co.uk

"JasonDM" wrote in message
oups.com...
Many thanks for all your help Nick it is much appreciated. I have
prepared for the liner and smoothed it all already, now when it stops
raining I'll get out and finish off the job. I would'nt be able to
offer an arm or a leg anyhows I've already had to use those to pay for
returfing the lawn and putting the patio down

Many thanks

Jason

Nick Byford wrote:
Ususally, the pressure of the water will hold the liner in place.

Firstly check inside the hole/vessel to ensure there are no spiky bits

that
are likely to be able to poke through the liner. If in doubt, remove,

don't
be complacent or lazy, or you'll have to replace the liner (boring, time
consuming and expensive).

Once you are happy with the inside of your hole/vessel being smooth and
poky-bit free, insert the liner.

Depending upon the hole or vessel you are putting it into, the water

will
hold up the liner. If you put the liner into the vessel, then add the

water,
once you have the water level to the height you want, then you can trim

the
liner to just above that (literally just)

Hope this answers the question. I can't do it for you, or if I did, it

would
cost an arm and a leg.

Nick
www.pennix.co.uk

"JasonDM" wrote in message
ups.com...
Many thanks for the reply Nick. I picked up a liner and have looked at
a few sites regarding fitting it but what I'm not sure is, how do I
secure it in place or do I just put the liner in and fill it up? if I
sound like a complete amature, it's because I am

Jason

Nick Byford wrote:
It's probably best to line - I would. It's apparently not good

practice
have fish and wood in the same pond (however small), same goes for

metals.

Make sure if there are fish in there that it is over eighteen inches

deep
and tyhat there ios some form of oxygenation - canadian pond weed or

minature fountain/waterfall.

Nick
www.pennix.co.uk