Old 16-02-2003, 10:15 PM
Gareth Wills

Default living space

Hi Dan,
You could suppliment your light with artificial lights which I know nothing
about other than what I read here in this group since I only grow in a
greenhouse. But I would think that as far as the humdiity goes, that you
would probably feel better etc if you were to raise the humidity in your
apartment closer to what orchids enjoy in general. Then, others here are
also experts on raising the humidity locally around a few plants. Anyone who
wants to grow orchids can. Hope you decide to try. Good Luck.
Gary
"Dan Russell" wrote in message
Hello!
I have thought about growing an orchid for years now but am afraid of

utter
failure mostly because of my living space.... I live in a very dry and

warm
(22C, 72F) apartment with south-west exposure. However, the temperature
outside is very cold (-20C, -4F) and I cannot place plants on the

windowsill
due to this ( I live in northern Ontario). The only place to get orchids

in
my town is at the local Home Depot, but I can make a trip to the Niagara
Peninsula where orchid dealers are abundant. What plant would you suggest
and is it even worth trying given my living space?

--
Cheers!

...Jennifer