Old 19-03-2003, 10:08 PM
Larry Blanchard

Default Bye Bye Hansa (etc.)

In article ,
says...
Larry Blanchard said:

Bob, I'm confused. Are we talking about the Hansa that's a hybrid
rugosa? Or is there some other Hansa I'm not aware of?

You are correct it is the Hybrid Rugosa Hansa that we are talking
about.

Mine is the rugosa and you can't kill it with a stick. We call it "the
rosebush that ate Texas".

Well, maybe it is your climate. Maybe you have the absolutely perfect
climate for Hansa.

FWIW, we live in Eastern Washington. Zone 5, cold wet winters, warm dry
summers. Humidity in the summer is usually in the 15-25% range and
summer temperatures are in the high 80s with a week or so of 90s and
maybe a couple of days 100 or more. Winter temps can go well below zero
(although they haven't the last few years - at least not for long) and
sometimes there's very little snow for insulation. One year there was
8'. So I guesss I could sy we have a variable climate :-).

Here's a picture of my "little" rugosa.

http://members.fortunecity.com/lgb1/roses/Hansa.htm

--
All hail King George, Ayatollah Ashcroft, and Reichsfuhrer Rumsfeld!
(And let's not forget Chairman Cheney)