Old 24-08-2006, 05:14 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
[email protected] pakrat@localhost.private.neotoma.org is offline

Default 'Magnisal' magnesium nitrate

On Thu, 24 Aug 2006 08:01:45 -0400 in Pat Brennan wrote:
Scotts sells 10-0-0 Magnitrate under the Excel brand name and, 15.5-0-0
Calcium Nitrate and 13-0-44 Potassium Nitrate under the Peters brand name.
All are packaged in 25 pound bags should be available from a grower supply
store for $20 to $25. I use Calcium Nitrate and Potassium Nitrate, but have
always used epsom salts when additional magnesium was needed. If you do not
have an account with a growers supply store, I would not include Potassium
Nitrate with the first order.

And if you order ammonium nitrate, order it with fuel oil...

--
Chris Dukes
"The key to effective management is properly timed hovering."