Old 26-08-2006, 06:40 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
Bill Stock Bill Stock is offline

Default Adding a 2nd CO2 reactor

"Pete" wrote in message
I currently have an Aqua Medic 500 reactor in 1 corner of my tank
driven by my Eheim 2217.
I'm losing some CO2 from the base of the reactor, so I'm going to add
a 2nd reactor which I'll put in the other corner to help with CO2
distribution.

I've ordered the Aqua Medic reactor 500M - same as the 500 but with
its own pump.

I'm hoping (!) that I can just cut the CO2 hose that comes from the
needle valve and insert a 2-gang adjustable air valve (the little
green plastic ones with screw tops, used with air pumps) so I can
split the CO2 between the reactors.
Is this method OK?

Thanks
Pete

I've got two powerheads (RUGF) with CO2 attached to the venturi input and a
gang valve between the CO2 tank and the powerheads. It doesn't really work
that well, as the CO2 is not distributed very evenly. It seems to go to one
side or the other, dependant upon which pump has the better suction at the
time. I was wondering if some check valves after the gang valve might help,
but I doubt it.