Old 27-08-2006, 12:26 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
BK BK is offline

Default Are Native River and Pond Plants Usable?

Hi Marco,

I am in the New Haven, CT area.

I agree with the other post about quarantining them for a while.

We have a variety of plants here in the native waters. I wouldn't
expect to have a lily growing in my tank, although there are a huge
variety of grass type of plants around.

I am getting back into the hobby after about 20 years without a tank.

I can't remember if I ever tried native plants before.

--BK

Marco Schwarz wrote:
Hi..

I'm new here, and this is my first post.

Welcome..! A first step into the right direction..!

What is the scoop on using native river and pond plants in
the community freshwater aquarium?

Where are you from (location..!) - and what kind of plants
is finally meant..?
--
cu
Marco