Old 28-08-2006, 09:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim Jackson Jim Jackson is offline

Default when to prune apple, pear, cherry trees & redcurrents

cliff_the_gardener wrote:
.....lots of good advice snipped....
As far as your redcurrant bushes go, if they have finished fruiting
they can be pruned now. Winter pruning is generally recommended. The
productive life of a currant bush is around 10-5yrs.

^^^^^^^^

did you mean 10-15years?

I've always read this sort of figure in many books. But my 18 year old
Goosegogs, Red & Black currants show no sign of flagging and produce as
much as they did when they were 5 years old.

Jim